educative and playful material
web-plateform, games, toys & workshops
creation & direction
* Aim: enjoy architecture *
Architecture is everywhere, though sometimes invisible in everyday life. In light of this paradox, Archihihi aims to reclaim contemporary architecture in a creative and playful way.
* Method: play! *
Archihihi uses a particular toolbox: play, experimentation, manipulation and everyday situations, allowing people of all ages and backgrounds to discover this discipline.
Instead of intimidating or off-putting explanations, Archihihi brings pleasure and fun to the learning process. Play gives a familiar, fascinating and surprising taste to Archihihi’s activities. Through manipulation, children understand and take ownership of architectural concepts in a personal way.
* Tools & resources *
Archihihi organises workshops, writes, and develops games and objects.
Archihihi’s second mission is to offer visitors to its website a variety resources: activity-sheets, games, books, news and ideas :
* free downloads of worksheets designed by Archihihi
These form a flexible base since they can be used at home or at school, on a small or large scale.
* news about architecture
* a selection of toys put into perspective with existing contemporary architecture
* a selection of books which approach architecture in a playful way
* a curated selection of exhibitions and workshops related to architectural topics